Sunday, February 1, 2009

So I am awkward...

So Saturday my awkwardness sparkled through like a Tiffany's diamond. First, I called my sister-in-law, Amy, she answered but I thought it was one of my nephews so I asked if their mom was home. Amy responded with, "Jenna? this is Amy". I am an idiot.

Second, I was at a wedding for a longtime friend, so of course there was reminiscing and catching up with tons of people. This person that I have known since I was a kid walked in and we started talking. Well I hadn't seen him in over a year, and last I saw him his wife was really sick...
so of course I had to ask. "So where is your wife?"
He responds"I don't know"
I return with a puzzled look.
"We got divorced" he says.
"Really?" I said (he sounded kidding)
"Yes, really" he says.
I then ask if he was excited for the Super Bowl.

So much awkwardness!!!

4 comments:

alex said...

That is just too funny! I love how you asked Amy if her mom was there!

The Scotts said...

That is funny! Seriously really sad but funny. It reminds me of Jared's Brigham story that I shouldn't write unless he reads this. Thanks so much for the last minute watching our kids. They had SO MUCH FUN and asked if they could go back the next morning and keep talking about it. You guys are awesome! Love you!

Amy said...

It was far less awkward on the other end. I was cracking up, wondering if I sound childish (D) or manly (A). Hm...

Unknown said...

Jenna you are so funny! You sound like you are loving life! I'm jealous that you are so in the know about photography! I love your blog! Your cute personality shines through it!